All of our candles are made with 100% organic and eco-friendly soy wax, creating a smooth and creamy soy candle that burns slow and clean. These vegan candles are free from phthalates and hand-poured in small batches in either our San Francisco or San Diego location, using quality essential and fragrance oils.
To enhance your candle experience and promote safe candle burning, Often Wander has compiled a concise guide on candle care instructions.
Take a few moments to familiarize yourself with these guidelines and you'll soon become a safe candle burning expert.
✦ THE ESSENTIALS ✦
- on your first burn, let the entire surface pool before blowing out; candle will burn evenly every time there after
- keep wick trimmed to 1/4" before each burn
- trim wick your wick every couple of hours
- to prevent fire and serious injury, do not let flame burn over 1" high
- keep candle wick centered and free of any foreign objects including wick trimmings
- never leave candle unattended
- keep out of reach of children and pets
- place on a temperature safe surface
- do not burn near anything flammable
- do not attempt to burn if vessel is cracked or damaged
- do not burn for longer than 4 hours at a time
- discontinue burning the candle when 1/4" of wax remains
✦ WAX MEMORY ✦
During a candle's lifecycle, melted wax cools into a softer solid. This freshly melted wax has a lower melting point and re-melts more quickly when the wick is relit. This area with slower cooling is known as wax memory. Insufficient melting of the outer wax ring can lead to tunneling, where the wick sinks and leaves a ring of unmelted wax in the jar.
✦ PREVENTING TUNNELING AND HOW TO FIX IT ✦
Allow the candle to burn for a minimum of 3 hours. While not a strict rule, it ensures the candle has enough time to start melting. If it burns too deeply before melting the surface, the flame won't properly melt the wax, leading to potential tunneling issues.
If any of your candles are experiencing severe tunneling, please don't hesitate to reach out to us and we will do our best to help you revive it!