Store Manager SF - Job Description
Job Title: Store Manager
Reporting to: Store Owner (herein referred to as the “Supervisor”)
Compensation: $25 per hour
Hours: Full Time; 11:00am - 7:00pm Tuesday - Saturday
Schedule Requirements: Must be available during Holidays & Month of December
(examples: Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, etc.)
Location: 593 Valencia Street San Francisco CA 94110
The Often Wander Store Manager is a reliable, bright eyed and social leader.
The Store Manager is a full time (40 hours a week) position to be worked at the 593 Valencia Street location. This position requires a high level of production and efficiency with the excellent ability to multitask, prioritize, with high alertness and awareness of store condition and energies within. They are a team-player with the ability to motivate, be proactive, and assist with store effectiveness and functionality. Positive can-do attitude, and a quick learner, the Store Manager works with staff and has a collaborative / can-do spirit that contributes to the growth of the store and Often Wander as a whole. Our shop and our business are only as good as the people who work here. We strive to have an effortless, caring ,and supportive relationship between employees and together we strive to take on future growth and opportunities together.
Store Manager Job Details:
- Shifts are 11-7
- Scheduling: At least one weekend day (Saturday) required for this position.
- Must be available during Holidays (Black friday, small business saturday, and most of december up until 24th).
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
The list of job duties may vary within each task but ensuring high levels of warm hearted customer service and facilitating high quality customer experiences is the utmost important.
- Employee scheduling. Overseeing time off requests, making sure the store has full coverage.
- New employee recruitment, interviewing, hiring, and training.
- Total staff management. Encouraging team morale, and also disciplinary action if needed. (ex. Rewards, Verbal/written warnings)
- Evaluating staff based on performance-based metrics
- Assigning responsibilities to employees, checking to see if these responsibilities and assignments are carried through in the store.
- Works with Supervisor on creating sales goals (daily, weekly, monthly).
- Making sure the Inventory Specialist/Buyer is up to date on all things needed for the store to keep it fully stocked. Shop supplies (All things needed to conduct business within the store) and Inventory (Sellable products).
- Works with staff on the coordination, promotion, and execution of store events (workshops, pop ups, showcases, candle parties, etc).
- Ensures all inventory in store is fully stocked and represented on the floor at all times. Restocking items immediately and making sure any backstock is represented on the floor.
- Maintaining inventory of goods of both physical products and shopify inventory. Works with inventory specialists on receiving, inputting, maintaining, and tagging inventory.
- Merchandising. Works with supervisor on conceptual ideas for store displays. Executes the rearranging of displays and designs. Showcasing new inventories, creating suggested shopping moments.
- Track and manage loss. (Theft, missing merchandise, broken items, etc).
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Overseeing the plant care. Making sure plants are watered once a week, and maintained to keep them looking beautiful.
- Creativity. This role requires creativity. Helping with creative projects, or having ideas is valued and required.
- Works with Candle Studio to make sure all wholesale orders are addressed and everyone is in the know of candle production schedule.
- Oversees the management of the Candle Refill Program. (Making sure we stay in contact with those who haven’t picked up their refills.)
- Assists and oversees that the shipping and processing of wholesale orders, and web orders as needed.
- Nurtures customer relationships. Identifies current and future customer needs by establishing rapport with returning and new customers and follow ups.
- Outreach to interested vendors, customers with requests, potential events
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends.
- Running errands as needed
- Banking - Making weekly cash deposits for store.
- Keeping store (front of house and back of house) organized and clean
- Contributes to team effort by pitching in on daily duties when help is needed
- Execution of various organizational projects, to be communicated by Supervisor.
- Organizes weekly team meetings.
- Helping to create advertising campaigns for attracting new customers and retaining current customers and helping to create both in and outside store promotions for attracting customers
- Takes direction from Supervisor.
Great with people. Friendly, warm, open qualities that make this store continue to feel like a peaceful friendly environment.
Exudes strong leadership skills.
Works with sales associates as a team player.
Great communication and Interpersonal skills.
Works efficiently, with care for quality.
Always working towards bettering the store.