SF Operations Manager - Job Description
Job Title: Operations Manager
Reporting to: Store Owner (herein referred to as the “Supervisor”)
Compensation: $23 per hour
Start Date Immediately
Hours: Full Time; Monday - Friday
Schedule Requirements: Must be available for in person work, 5 days a week. Location: 593 Valencia Street San Francisco CA 94110
The Often Wander Operations Manager is a highly reliable, highly organized, and efficient team player. The position is full time (40 hours a week) to be worked at the 593 Valencia Street location and requires work to be completed Monday through Friday. This role is largely responsible for all oversight of inventory going in and out of the store. This also includes the purchasing and management of goods needed to produce our candles and “in house made” products in our studio, finalizing wholesale orders, and managing candle material inventories. This role is responsible for the packing, boxing, and shipping of all wholesale and online orders from San Francisco.
This position requires the excellent ability to multitask, prioritize, with high alertness and awareness of store operations and production. They are a team-player with the ability to work with others, be proactive, and assist with store effectiveness and functionality. This position will also be responsible for successfully overseeing the efficacy of our back of house operations, ensuring that the front of house has everything they need as well as the candle studio. We are looking for someone with a positive “can-do” spirit, and a quick learner, willing to take on projects and get things done. The Operations Manager works with staff in both San Francisco and San Diego locations and contributes to the growth of the store and Often Wander as a whole. Ideal candidates take inventory management, organization, productivity and efficiency seriously, and have a good time doing it.
- Shifts are anywhere between 9-7 (8 hour shifts)
- This position is paid by the hour, and the schedule is set. Same hours every week. Paid weekly on Fridays.
- Takes direction from Supervisor/ Owner
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
The list of job duties may vary within each task but ensuring high levels organization, proactiveness, and efficiency is the utmost important.
- Personal skills - Must work as a team and have great customer service skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication between both locations.
- Responsiveness to ongoing texts/emails/phone calls/ marco polos between staff and owner.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Tech support- ability to problem solve any technical issues that may arise.
- Problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail: Quality Control
- Inventory Management - Maintaining all inventory of goods of both physical products and shopify inventory. Receiving, inputting, maintaining, and tagging inventory.
- Loss Prevention: Track and manage loss. (Theft, missing merchandise, broken items, etc).
- Stocking- Making sure all products are available on the store as well as backstock.
- Shipping and Fulfillment - Processing and shipping of web and wholesale orders in a timely manner. Ensuring that quality standards are being met every step of the way.
- BUYING/purchasing - Ordering supplies for store, goods for production, and products to sell.
- Work with suppliers and vendors on orders, shipping, discrepancies, etc
- Works with Candle Studio to make sure all wholesale orders are addressed and everyone is in the know of candle production schedule.
- Web work: Maintaining product listings, web pages, collections, photo uploads, etc.
- Reporting/budgeting Creating and managing reports as it relates to defects, demand, and quantity, and ensuring received products are accurate and up to company standards.
- Possible shop fill in if needed.
- Merchandising. Assists Store Manager and Owner on conceptual ideas for store displays. Executes the rearranging of displays and designs. Showcasing new inventories, creating suggested shopping moments.
- Creativity. This role requires creativity. Helping with creative projects, or having ideas is valued and required.
- Hiring: Assisting with interviews, onboarding, and training of new hires.
- Assists in outreach, applications, submissions to or from: interested vendors, customers with requests, potential events, pop ups, off site events, trade shows. Etc.
- Must be able to work independently and autonomously.
- Running errands as needed
- Special projects - assists in other projects given to you by owner.
- Events Management: Packing, Set up, attendance, selling, and break down of all events (in store events, holiday fairs, markets, pop ups, etc) Acting as store representative.
- Organizes weekly team meetings via Zoom.
- Strategizes ways to keep operations running smoothly and efficiently
- Contributes to team effort by pitching in on daily duties when help is needed.
- Always working towards bettering the work flow and growth of the business and stores.
- Execution of various organizational projects to be communicated by Supervisor.
- Natural and Friendly interpersonal skills, works well in a team setting.
- Highly Organized
- Excellent computer skills
- Proficient in Gmail, Google Drive, Word, Excel,
- Proven experience with Shopify or Ecommerce Point Of Sales, and management of back end websites.
- Web experience or Ecommerce platform experience required.
- Works efficiently with care for quality, and also with the innate ability to prioritize tasks.
- Proven experience in inventory management within a retail setting
- Must be able to occasionally lift boxes up to 55lbs in weight
- Proven ability to increase or maintain a company’s profits through inventory control
- Strong Ability to think strategically and analytically and ability to troubleshoot on the fly
Our shop, studio’s, and our business are only as good as the people who work here. We strive to have a friendly, supportive, and caring work environment between employees and together we strive to take on future growth and opportunities together.