SF Sales Associate - Part Time - Job Description
San Francisco, CA
Job Title: Sales Associate
Reporting to: Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Owner
Schedule: Must be available to work 11-7 (8 hour) shifts. Schedule is set, so the same days will be worked each week.
Schedule Requirements: Must be available at least one weekend day, holidays & month of December
Location: 593 Valencia Street San Francisco CA 94110
The Often Wander Sales Associate is an energetic, social butterfly with a high level of motivation and productivity and the desire to contribute and learn.
They are a team-player with the ability to be proactive, and assist with store effectiveness and functionality.
Daily tasks may vary, but ensuring high levels of warm hearted customer service and facilitating high quality customer experiences is the utmost important.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Clearly and effectively communicate with customers. Giving a high level of customer service with each interaction.
- Works with Store Manager to set sales goals (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Ensures store is full stocked at all times, restocking throughout the day.
- Merchandising. Showcasing new inventories, creating suggested shopping moments, keeping the store looking fresh, and clean.
- Preventing loss, theft, damage in our store.
- Creativity. This role requires creativity. Helping with creative projects, or having ideas is valued and required.
- Nurtures customer relationships. Identifies current and future customer needs by establishing rapport with returning and new customers and follow ups.
- Quick and effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Accurately ringing up customers, gift wrapping and clearly knowing how to use our point-of-sale systems.
- Keeping store (front of house and back of house) organized and clean
- Contributes to team effort by pitching in on daily duties when help is needed
- Execution of various organizational projects, to be communicated by Store Manager.
- Facilitates Candle Refill Program. (Making sure we stay in contact with those who haven’t picked up their refills.)
- Takes direction from Store Manager.
- Minimum 1 year of retail experience preferred.
- Strong sales training and background highly preferred.
- Store Discounts
- Free Candles every month
- Sick Time